The name ‘Dahlsens’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Dahlsens Building Centres Pty Ltd, a supplier of building materials, registered and based at Suite 1.03, Unit 3, 10 Ferntree Place, Notting Hill VIC 3168 in Australia. Our ACN is 005 032 233. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect the following information:
- name and type of business
- contact information including email address
- the assessment of a credit application, reviewing existing credit terms, assessing credit worthiness, collecting overdue payments, assessing credit guarantees (current and prospective)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests that are relevant to the way we do business
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Where practical, the purpose for which we collect personal information and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection. Please also refer to our Credit Reporting Policy. You can also download our Privacy Statement about Credit Assessment Information.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular we will use the personal information for the following purposes:
- For our own internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services to improve our customer service and to makes our services more valuable to you
- To send promotional emails periodically about new products, special offers, events, promotions and competitions, reports or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- To use your information to sometimes contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- To customize the website according to your interests
- To release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement authorities, if they require us to do so, and
- To seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have taken reasonable steps to put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
At Dahlsens we aim to acknowledge receipt as soon as possible and commit to resolve all complaints no later than 15 days. However it is possible that we may take longer due to the nature and content of the complaint. In such circumstances we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable and practical time.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Privacy Act. A small administrative fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Dahlsens Building Centres c/o the Marketing Manager, Suite 1.03, Unit 3, 10 Ferntree Place Notting Hill VIC 3168. The phone number is (03) 8831 8300.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.